Nokia Lumia 820 3D Printing Challenge
Posted By Sculpteo on Jan 24, 2013 |
After having just released freely the design of its cases, Nokia is now organizing an exciting 3D Printing challenge for its Lumia 820 cases!
Share a cool design for the Nokia Lumia 820 mobile phone case and get a chance to win your ticket for the Mobile World Congress on February 25-28 in Barcelona, Spain.
Deadline for this challenge is February 15th so … hurry up! All info and details about the contest are here.
Take a look at the winning criteria as explained of the website, and remember the 2 most important ones: aesthetic loved by the community and hardware improvement.
The following criteria will be used by the judges to pick the top designs:
- Clear articulation of designs in written language and visuals where possible 20%
- Real life possibility of being made into a mobile phone cover 20%
- Aesthetic design and creativity 20%
- Likelihood that mobile consumers will take interest in your design 20%
- Community appeal for your idea 20%
The 3DK to design the files and 3D print your own case is fully available for download here.
Before to start, take a look at the Terms & Conditions to see if you qualify for the contest (you need a valid visa for entering Spain).
Special recommendations from Sculpteo:
- Polyamid is a great material for iPhone cases. Even if it’s not needed, you can follow our Polyamid design guidelines so that your case would work perfectly once 3D printed. Trust us, we 3D print custom cases every day !
- Get inspired by our 3DPcase designs and all the great proposals from the community during our iPhone cases challenge.
Good luck to all of you !