It’s June. Come meet us at Futur en Seine and Maker Faire Paris.
Posted By Arthur Cassaignau on Jun 11, 2014 |
Summer is finally here, and as always, when there is sun, people are looking to get out. Sculpteo team has planned quite a few events for you this month in France to do just that. If you want to meet us, we’ll be at Futur en Seine, at our “3D Scanning & 3D Printing Meetup”, and the Maker Faire Paris.
The French Digital Festival Futur en Seine is kicking off tomorrow. There will be at lot of cool stuff to see, and of course some 3D printing for everyone. Starting tomorrow and until Sunday, we’ll welcome you on our booth inside the CNAM (Centre National des Arts et Métiers) in the center of Paris. From June 12th to 15th, we will be present inside the “Innovation’s village” of Futur en Seine. If you’ve always wanted to learn more about 3D printing, this event is the good place. We will display:
– The Giroptic prototype – a 360° camera which reached almost $1000000 on Kickstarter;
– BlueBee, a connected tracker, produced with 3D Printing;
– Michiel Cornelissen’s KXX rings. You’ll also be able to purchase those rings during the event. Every profit will go to the Darue Malungo de Recife association to help finance development projects in the favelas;
– 3D printed jewelry with the Love.by.me app by Dassault Systèmes:
During Futur en Seine, we will also host a Meetup about “3D Scanning and 3D Printing”. This happens on Friday, June 13th at the Gaite Lyrique between 5:00pm and 8:00pm. We’ll present the different 3D acquisition technologies that exist and above all you’ll be offered the opportunity to experience 3D scanning yourself and go home with a ready to print 3D scan.
We selected the best people to speak about the latest acquisition technologies:
– Leonid Volkov, business developer @ Artec
– Sylvain Lotteau, engineer @ Acute3D
– Henry Elophe, photogrammetry specialist.
– Jean Colladon, founder of Le Comptoir des Makers and of Ateliers Jisseo.
Artec will offer you the opportunity to get yourself scanned with a Kinect or a professional scanning solution. Of course, this is also a opportunity to network and gather around beer talking 3D printing, 3D Scan and naturally Football! Hurry up and register! Only 100 spots available. We will push to have bigger room so don’t hesitate to sign up on the waiting list.
Finally, Futur en Seine will close its door simultaniously with the Maker Faire Paris on June 21 and 22.