Introducing the 3D Printing Express Production: we’ll ship your parts in 48 hours
Since a week, we’re offering a brand new Express Production mode that available on our raw white plastic material. This option will get you your parts in 48 hours or your money back. Today we spill the details about what this service means for you, and your business. Sculpteo understands that waiting for parts can be a major bottleneck in your manufacturing process, and we sympathize. That’s exactly why you should add the Express Production option to your manufacturing toolbox.
If there is one thing that 3D printing is all about, it’s speed. That has always been one of our first motivations when delivering our customers: get your orders in the shortest lead time. Our standard lead time on plastic doesn’t change, but we’re adding a new Express Production mode that will get your parts ready in two days. This premium service is only available for white non-polished polyamide.
The major upside of the Express Production mode is that we guarantee the lead time given while ordering the parts. This means that if for any reason we fail to honor the deadline, you’ll be fully reimbursed for the parts concerned by the Express Production.
How does the Express Production mode work and how to select it?
Your file is placed in our production workflow as a high priority in order to be 3D printed as soon as physically possible, in most cases within 48 hours. Lead time is guaranteed.
To select this mode of production, the first thing you need to make sure of is that the material you selected for your part is raw white plastic. If it’s the case, you’ll be able to select all the different production mode: Standard, Express and Economy.
Once you selected the Express Production and place the object in your cart, you’ll still be able to modify the Production mode in case you made a mistake. Let’s take a closer look.
Right under Available Production Packages, you can globally select your preferred production mode. Under Economy, Standard and Express, you’ll find the info of how many of your items can qualify for this mode of production. For instance, in this specific case our item is qualifying for all production mode. By clicking on the right one, you’ll select this mode. However, you can still modify it by clicking on the small dropdown menu next to the thumbnail of the 3D print.
Now let’s take a look at what happens if you were to select both an object that qualifies and one that doesn’t.
In this case, we see that under Standard production, we have 1 out of 2 tiems selected because both 3D prints are qualifying for your this mode. While under Express, there is just one item qualifying.
The drop down menu also lets you select the mode for each object individually.
How will your parts be delivered?
Selecting the Express Production mode will give you access to two new delivery choices: Drop shipping and Courier shipping.
- Drop shipping: your order is not being shipped and stays in our facility. You’ll receive an email as soon as the parts are ready for pickup. You can find the addresses and opening time of our facilities below:
- in San Leandro (Californie – USA): The Gate #258 1933 Davis Street, San Leandro 94577 CA. Open from Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
- in Villejuif (France): 10 rue Auguste Perret 94800 Villejuif. Open from Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 6.30 pm.
- Courier Shipping: your order can be delivered by our courier in some limited areas around our production facilities. You will receive an automatic email when your 3D print will be given to the courier. If you’re not there when the courier is coming, your parcel will be available for pickup the day after starting at 2.00 pm. :
- Californie – USA : carrier delivery in San Francisco between 2.00 pm and 4.00 pm.
- France : carrier delivery in Paris and departements 77, 78, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95. Delivery between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm for business and personal address.
- Express Shipping (using UPS): If you’re in a rush and you select the Express Production, you’ll still be able to have your parts send out with UPS in Express shipping. This means that customers who are can’t come to our facilities ou are outside the zones reachable by courier can still get their part sooner.
Let’s have a look at how it looks when in the cart when you select the delivery method.
The red area shows you the different kinds of delivery you can pick.
What if you need the exact opposite?
We also have an Economy Production plan. In this case, we are adding your order in our workflow with a low-priority status and we announce an average lead time of 10 days. The main benefit is to offer you a better price (up to 30% discount) in comparison to Standard Production to thank you for your flexibility.
Take a look at what the press is already saying about our new Express Production.