Frequently asked questions about 3D Printing
- How can I easily convert a 3D file to a format supported by your website?
- When I upload a 3D model to the site, textures and colours are sometimes missing: how can I make them appear?
- Why do some designs require fixing before they can be made?
- What formats are accepted in the zip file for the textures?
- My file is in .obj format: how can I make colours and textures appear?
- How can I export a 3D file from Autocad 2010?
- What is the maximum file size of a 3D file upload to sculpteo.com?
- Where can I get 3D files already designed?
- What is the difference between "public", "private", "visible" and "for sale" in the sharing module part of the upload form?
- Who owns the intellectual property rights of my design once I upload it?
- If you choose to keep your file private: the file will never be used by us in any way other than to manufacture it for you and no picture of the printed object will be divulged. You can change the status of your file at any time or even erase the file from the catalogue altogether. It’s your file after all.
Uploading a 3D design
- What is 3D printing?
- What software should I use if I’m a beginner in 3D design?
- Can I create coloured objects?
- What machines do you use to create 3D objects?
- What is the maximum size of a 3D print?
- What are the materials used to print my 3D designs?
- How thick are the layers of material in 3D printers?
- How thick does my object have to be in order to be strong enough?
- How can I design an articulated model? What gap should I leave for my articulated models?
- What is the level of detail of objects produced?
- Which are the technical properties of the materials?
- What is WebGL? How to enable WebGL?
- How does a full color 3D printer work? Video demo.
Gallery of 3D designs
Ordering a 3D object
- Can I customise my shop?
- How is the royalty rate set?
- How is the royalty paid?
- How can I follow my sales?
- What happens if the object is unsatisfactory?
- Can I use money earned from selling my models to order 3D prints from Sculpteo?
- Am I responsible for the production and shipping of the order?
- What about property and copy rights of my models?
- Can I use my shop to sell designs for which I don't hold the rights?
- What about VAT on my revenues?
- How should I declare income earned with Sculpteo?
- What is the nature of the contractual relationship between Sculpteo, the Designer and the final client?
- How can I create my free key ring?
- Why do your key rings only come in white plastic?
- How can I add relief to a 2D image?
- What changes can I apply to images in relief?
- How should I prepare my image for best results in relief?
- How can I create a geometric shape?
- What changes can I apply to geometric forms?
- How can I create 3D text?
- What changes can I make to 3D text?