Frequently asked questions about 3D Printing
- How can I easily convert a 3D file to a format supported by your website?
- When I upload a 3D model to the site, textures and colours are sometimes missing: how can I make them appear?
- What is the difference between "public", "private", "visible" and "for sale" in the sharing module part of the upload form?
- Why do some designs require fixing before they can be made?
- What formats are accepted in the zip file for the textures?
- My file is in .obj format: how can I make colours and textures appear?
- How can I export a 3D file from Autocad 2010?
- What is the maximum file size of a 3D file upload to sculpteo.com?
- Where can I get 3D files already designed?
Uploading a 3D design
- What is 3D printing?
- What software should I use if I’m a beginner in 3D design?
- Can I create coloured objects?
- What machines do you use to create 3D objects?
- What is the maximum size of a 3D print?
- What are the materials used to print my 3D designs?
- How thick are the layers of material in 3D printers?
- How thick does my object have to be in order to be strong enough?
- How can I design an articulated model? What gap should I leave for my articulated models?
- What is the level of detail of objects produced?
- Which are the technical properties of the materials?
- What is WebGL? How to enable WebGL?
- How does a full color 3D printer work? Video demo.
Gallery of 3D designs
Ordering a 3D object
- Can I customise my shop?
- How is the royalty rate set?
- How is the royalty paid?
- How can I follow my sales?
- What happens if the object is unsatisfactory?
- Can I use money earned from selling my models to order 3D prints from Sculpteo?
- Am I responsible for the production and shipping of the order?
- What about property and copy rights of my models?
- Can I use my shop to sell designs for which I don't hold the rights?
- What about VAT on my revenues?
- How should I declare income earned with Sculpteo?
- What is the nature of the contractual relationship between Sculpteo, the Designer and the final client?
- How can I create my free key ring?
- Why do your key rings only come in white plastic?
- How can I add relief to a 2D image?
- What changes can I apply to images in relief?
- How should I prepare my image for best results in relief?
- How can I create a geometric shape?
- What changes can I apply to geometric forms?
- How can I create 3D text?
- What changes can I make to 3D text?