Frequently asked questions about 3D Printing
- What are the file formats supported by Sculpteo for 3D printing?
- How can I easily convert a 3D file to a format supported by your website?
- When I upload a 3D model to the site, textures and colours are sometimes missing: how can I make them appear?
- What is the difference between "public", "private", "visible" and "for sale" in the sharing module part of the upload form?
- Who owns the intellectual property rights of my design once I upload it?
- Why do some designs require fixing before they can be made?
- What formats are accepted in the zip file for the textures?
- My file is in .obj format: how can I make colours and textures appear?
- Why can some models in the gallery be ordered, and others not?
- What is the difference between "Single object" and "Multi-piece set"? Why is it important?
- What is the maximum file size of a 3D file upload to sculpteo.com?
- What is the maximum texture size for a 3D model & how can i reduce the size of my textures?
- Where can I get 3D files already designed by others?
Uploading a 3D design
- What is 3D printing?
- How does 3D printing work?
- Do you have any tutorials if I’m a beginner in 3D design?
- Can I create coloured objects?
- What machines do you use to create 3D objects?
- What is the maximum size of a 3D print?
- How thick does my object have to be in order to be strong enough?
- How can I design an articulated model? What gap should I leave for my articulated models?
- What is the level of detail of objects produced?
- What is WebGL? How to enable WebGL?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Can I customise the parameters of my 3D design before ordering?
- How do I apply a promo code, gift card, or store credit?
- How are prices calculated?
- Do I need to pay VAT?
- What happens after I place an order?
- Where can I track my orders and their production and delivery progress?
- Why is my order on hold?
- Why was my order canceled?
- How does Sculpteo process refunds?
- How can I update my order? My shipping address? My shipping option?
- Where do I find the price table of your service?
- Where can I order a gift voucher?
Ordering and Payment
- What are your shipping methods?
- How much are the shipping costs?
- Do you ship world-wide?
- Where do you ship from?
- What is the delivery time once I have placed my order?
- I require my order to produced and shipped as fast as possible, do you have an option?
- Do I have to pay import tax on my order?
- Where can I see the shipment date of my order?
- Can I pick up my objects in Sculpteo’s facilities ?
Sculpteo For Business
- Can I customise my shop?
- How is the royalty rate set?
- How is the royalty paid?
- How can I follow my sales?
- What happens if the object is unsatisfactory?
- Can I use money earned from selling my models to order 3D prints from Sculpteo?
- Am I responsible for the production and shipping of the order?
- What about property and copyrights of my models?
- Can I use my shop to sell designs for which I don't hold the rights?
- Do I need to pay VAT?
- How should I declare income earned with Sculpteo?
- What is the nature of the contractual relationship between Sculpteo, the Designer and the final client?
Laser Cutting Technology
- What materials do you offer?
- How thick are the layers of material in 3D printers?
- What are the technical properties of the materials?
- What kind of finish do you offer?
- Are there any finishes I can apply myself on my 3D prints?
- Are the available materials suitable for deep features or embossed ones?
- Do you print in ABS or PLA plastic material ?