3D Printshow CA 2015: 5 things you missed if you didn’t attend
Posted By Jess Hedstrom on Sep 14, 2015 | 0 comments
Honoring the tradition of recapping the events where we exhibit I am pleased to share that the 3D Printshow was a great success for the 3D printing community! This year’s California 3D Printshow was in lovely (and extremely HOT) Pasadena, CA. We’re going to share pictures, videos and even a Sculpteo $100 giveaway winner right here so keep reading.
The event was hosted at the Pasadena Convention Center and it was overflowing with attendees and exhibitors. Sculpteo was in attendance and we have several hundred people come over to learn about what we do and how we do it. I was impressed with the setup of the booths and the wonderful questions that the guests asked. Day 1 was specifically for business & industry attendees, and Day 2 was open to the general public. If you didn’t make it to California for the Show or if you could only attend 1 or the two days… Listed below are the top 5 things you missed at last weekend’s 3D Printshow CA 2015.
1. Creativity and Innovation: If you did not attend the event this year, you missed out on hearing about the news regarding materials and printing technology. For example below you can see that we have many of our Sculpteo prints featured, and the materials range from Plastic, Full Color Sandstone, and Precious Metals. We talked about the process of SLS technology and allowed the guests to hold and handle the prints while we educated them about the process of printing.
2. Business Announcements: In addition to the exhibit hall and the displays of prints and printers, the 3D printshow also featured a few panels of speakers. One very important business announcement that you missed if you didn’t attend the show featured Sculpteo CEO Clement Moreau and VP of Staples Behzad Soltani discussing the integration of Sculpteo’s services on the Staples website. If you’re interested in learning more about the level of customization available visit the Staples 3D Printing Services site.
3. Networking Opportunity: There are not many opportunities to meet with the founders and CEO’s of companies and services in the 3D printing eco-system. Last weekend was a wonderful time to have done that, our CEO Clement was present at the booth answering questions and explaining the benefits of 3D Printing. There were also networking events hosted by the 3D Printshow organization, along with Meetups in the area that focused on 3D printing for Robotics and Drones.
4. Giveaways: Sculpteo gave away $100.00 off 3D printing services to Malcomb Davis in Long Beach, CA. Congrats!! We hope you use it to make some amazing items!
5. Tutorials on 3D Printers and Software: This year was the year of tutorials and software demos! It was great to see so many people interested in learning new modeling software.
If you were not able to attend this year’s 3D Printshow we hope these 5 updates of the things you missed will hold you over until next year. Make sure to check out our announcement regarding our Staples partnership and visit us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for more photos.