At the beginning of the year, we’ve announced at CES 2017 that we were launching a new DMLS and SLM online 3D Printing service, and, to go along with it, AMT (Agile Manufacturing Technology), a new software suite entirely dedicated to 3D Printing. The first tool of the AMT suite is Business Case, the first Artificial Intelligence for 3D Printing! In this article, you’ll find out everything about this tool, which helps you assess the feasibility of your 3D printing project, gives you its strengths and weaknesses and provides useful tips and recommendations to start your 3D printing project with confidence.
To learn everything about our 3D printing offer, which includes the 3D Printing of Aluminum (SLM technique), Titanium (DMLS technique) and Stainless Steel (DMLS), read our dedicated articles, as well as our Metal 3D Printing page.
To learn everything about the AMT suite, a suite of 6 tools that will be of great help for anyone with a metal 3D Printing project, read this article or the dedicated page.
This blog post is part of our series on the 3D printing software tools we built in-house and use daily, which help us offer you the best 3D printing service possible. Find the other episodes here!
– How we optimize orientation of parts inside our 3D printers
– How we optimize our batch thanks to our Nesting tool
– How we manage your 3D printing jobs in 4 steps
– How we generate 3D printing quotes instantly
– How we control the quality of your 3D print
What is Business Case?
Business Case is a self-learning artificial intelligence, which can analyze the feasibility of your additive manufacturing project, calculate risks and opportunities, and give you advice in case a material or technique would fit your needs better than the one you have in mind. The Business Case tool is already available, just click here to give it a try. Since it’s a self-learning AI, it will benefit greatly from every time you interact with it, and grow more and more sophisticated.
Who is the Business Case tool for?
The Business Case tool is for everyone who has an additive manufacturing project in mind, no matter what stage they are at. If you have a 3D file already, our Business Case will be able to get more information about your project. But if you don’t, it will ask you specific questions to best understand what you have in mind, and still provide precious feedback so that you get on track quickly with your project and ask yourself the right questions.
In particular, the Business Case tool is ideal to assess whether your project is realistically feasible with 3D printing depending on:
- Your price and turnaround targets
- The technical properties you are hoping to achieve
- Your choice of material (if the AI calculates that you haven’t chosen the right material, it will give you alternative options)
It was conceived specifically for metal agile manufacturing projects. But because counseling about metal 3D printing also means providing alternatives in case metal isn’t actually the best fit, it will also provide advice for polymers, resins, ceramics, and composite materials.
How does the Business Case tool work?
When you enter the Business Case tool, you start discussing with our AI, the first AI for 3D printing! It will ask you a series of questions (about 20 to 30 depending on your answers) and it will take around 5 to 10 minutes to answer. Once you’ve answered every question, the AI will have a solid understanding of your project and will be able to offer you advice and actionable choices right away.
The questions Business Case asks about your project:
The questions cover a wide range of aspects of your 3D printing project:
- Where your design is at: whether you have a 3D file already, just a 2D outline and dimensions, or just an idea for a project. The interface adapts to how advanced your project development is.
- Your application: your industry, whether you’re heading towards prototyping or production, the uses of your object, which benefits your hope to get from using 3D printing.
- Technical properties of the object, such as the desired material, size, resistance, resolution, etc.
- Your time and budget restrictions.
The information and advice Business Case give you:
1. The first information you receive after discussing with our AI is the feasibility of your project, ranked from 1 to 100:
2. Business Case gives you a general assessment of the price, finishes required, turnaround and ideal materials:
3. Business case assesses the strengths and weaknesses of your project:
4. It gives you a list of the eligible materials for your project.
How can I use Business Case tool now?
Just go to the Business Case Page and start answering our AI’s questions! It’s entirely free. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact our support team.
If you want to learn more about our 3D printing offer, visit our material pages:
Our technology pages:
And the page about the AMT suite.
Discover our whole 3D printing catalog. And of course, don’t hesitate to give us feedback about Business Case, the more it learns from you the more precise and sophisticated it will grow.